Sunday, November 21, 2010

I've never seen anyone change traffic light bulbs. Traffic lights are on 24/7 how do they not burn out?

I seem to change bulbs in my house all the time. Very odd. Any insights are welcome for this mystery.I've never seen anyone change traffic light bulbs. Traffic lights are on 24/7 how do they not burn out?
Just because you have never witnessed something doesn't mean it never happens. I mean have you ever seen the mechanics at the airport, seal the inside of a 747s fuel tank? The fact that these planes don't just blow up randomly all day long, everyday is proof that it happens. I worked for a road crew for D.O.T. and we replaced bulbs in traffic signals all the time. It is done mostly at night when traffic is the lightest because of where you need to orient the boom lift truck to do the repair. generally right in the middle of the intersection.I've never seen anyone change traffic light bulbs. Traffic lights are on 24/7 how do they not burn out?
I want to know the answer to that question..lol
they do burn out... Seen some in my area that were that way. And I have seen them changing them. They just change them when there is not a lot of traffic, i.e., VERY early in the AM.
They use special long life bulbs. they use a lttle more juice . but its cheaper than constant changing . you can buy these bulbs at home depot or any large outlets
  • short hair cut
  • can i help you
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment