Monday, December 12, 2011

I can't figure out how to open up my flush mount ceiling light fixture to change the bulb inside. Help!?

There is no centre screw as with most. There is a metal rim, and a smoked glass dome within the metal rim. It doesn't appear to move from side to side, or to pull down as some other fixtures do. Anybody have any ideas on how to change the bulb inside this thing? P.S. I am not normally a moron lol.I can't figure out how to open up my flush mount ceiling light fixture to change the bulb inside. Help!?
LOL.

I have the same type of fixture in my bathroom, and I was stumped at first, too. The whole glass piece unscrews from the metal rim; just grab and turn counter-clock wise. They do not always turn easily (mine sure didn't, which was why I was so confused).I can't figure out how to open up my flush mount ceiling light fixture to change the bulb inside. Help!?
The glass will either unscrew or the out side ring will pull down and there are 2 spring loaded wire clips up in there that you squeeze together and unhook them .Maybe the ring is just stuck to the ceiling or its been painted ( the ceiling) and its just stuck to that. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment